How It Works
Teaching Accelerated Learners
Learning Outside of the Box
OVCA and K12 understand that academically gifted students don’t fit into a one-size-fits-all education box. Teaching accelerated learners is about challenging their young, talented minds and allowing them the freedom that comes from individualized learning approaches.
The Right Curriculum for Accelerated Learners
Here are just a few reasons why K12’s curriculum works so well for our academically gifted students:
- The K–8 curriculum is mastery-based, enabling students to advance when they’re ready—not when the rest of the class is.
- World language courses in up to five languages are available to all students.
- Students have opportunities to attend virtual and in person enrichment sessions with other gifted and talented students.
- Students participate in individual and group project-based learning.
- OVCA’s resource teacher provides additional support for gifted and talented students.
- Students receive support enrolling in advanced courses and concurrent enrollment.
Local Advisory Gifted and Talented Committee
OVCA’s Local Advisory Gifted and Talented Committee is currently comprised of the following members:
Public notice of OVCA Local Advisory Gifted and Talented Committee meetings and agendas can be found here.