OVCA Title IX and Non-Discrimination Notice
Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy (OVCA) is committed to providing an environment free from all forms of sex discrimination, which includes gender-based discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence as regulated by Title VII and Title IX, and to ensuring the accessibility of appropriate grievance procedures for addressing all complaints regarding all forms of sex discrimination and sexual harassment. OVCA reserves the authority to independently deal with sex discrimination and sexual harassment whenever becoming aware of their existence, regardless of whether a complaint has been lodged in accordance with the grievance procedure set forth below.
Information and Assistance
Sex Discrimination and Sexual Harassment means conduct of a sexual nature that meets any of the following:
- Sex discrimination occurs when a person, because of their sex, is denied participation in or the benefits of any education program or activity that receives federal financial assistance.
Sexual harassment means conduct on the basis of sex that satisfies one or more of the following:
- A school employee conditioning education benefits on participation in unwelcome sexual conduct (i.e., quid pro quo); or
- Unwelcome conduct that a reasonable person would determine is so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive that it effectively denies a person equal access to the school's education program or activity; or
- Sexual assault (as defined in the Clery Act), dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking as defined in the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Sexual harassment can be verbal, nonverbal or physical.
Any individual, who believes they may have experienced any form of sex discrimination or sexual harassment, or who believes that they have observed such actions taking place, may receive information and assistance regarding the School’s policies and reporting procedures from any of the following:
- Title IX Coordinator: Megan Moser firstname.lastname@example.org; (405) 259-9478 ext 3010; 1117 S Douglas Blvd Suite F, Midwest City, OK 73130
- Head of School: Audra Plummer email@example.com; (405) 259-9478 ext 2041; 1117 S Douglas Blvd Suite F, Midwest City, OK 73130
Additionally, you may contact the Office of Civil Rights by calling 1-800-421-3481.