Teaching Accelerated Learners
Unique Learning for Unique Kids
For gifted kids, the four walls of a classroom can feel like the four sides of a box. K12 and OVCA understand that academically gifted students don't fit into a box—whether it's a classroom or a
one–size–fits–all education program. Teaching gifted kids is about challenging their young, talented minds. It's about allowing these students the freedom that comes from flexible, individualized learning approaches, and the challenge that comes from an exceptional, engaging curriculum—both of which we provide.
The Right Curriculum for Accelerated Learners
Here are just a few reasons why the challenging, engaging K12 curriculum our students use works so well for academically gifted kids:
- The K-8 curriculum is mastery-based, enabling students to advance when they're ready—not when the rest of the class is.
- World language courses in up to five languages are available to all students.
- The approach to learning is flexible and dynamic.
- K12 focuses on helping students reach their natural potential.
- Flexible schedule to allow the student to create a daily schedule nurturing talents and abilities.
- Opportunities to attend virtual and in person enrichment sessions with other gifted and talented students.
- Individual and group project based learning.
- Additional support of the gifted and talented resource teacher.
- Support enrolling in advanced courses and concurrent enrollment.
At OVCA, gifted kids think and learn out of the box.
For more information regarding the gifted and talented program at OVCA you may contact the Gifted and Talented Resource Teacher Holly Wyers email@example.com.
Local Advisory Gifted and Talented Committee
The OVCA Local Advisory Gifted and Talented Committee is currently comprised of the below members:
Public notice of OVCA Local Advisory Gifted and Talented Committee meetings and agendas can be found here.
Upcoming Committee Meetings
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:00 AM View Agenda [PDF]
Virtual – Zoom Link