Dual Enrollment High School Program
Earn College Credits in High School
The concurrent enrollment program at OVCA gives students the advantage of preparing for college while working toward their high school diploma. Students may enroll in a combined number of high school and college courses per semester NOT to exceed a full-time college workload of 19 semester credit hours. All OVCA courses are the equivalent of 3 credit hours.
- Earn both high school and college credits at the same time.
- By completing college credits in high school, students may be able to finish college earlier—saving time and money.
- Concurrent enrollment courses transfer credits to any public Oklahoma state colleges or universities.
High school juniors and seniors are strongly encouraged to participate in an early entry program in which they attend college courses for college credit while they are finishing their requirements for high school graduation. State law now requires all concurrent enrollment courses be entered on a student’s high school transcript as either academic or elective credit. Concurrent courses will count in a student’s GPA and class rank. For a detailed description of requirements, please visit the Oklahoma Department of Education website.
- Student must be eligible for admissions to the college or university under regular admission criteria.
- Juniors must have an ACT composite score of 21 or above and a sub-score of 19 or above in the desired concurrent subject area.
- Seniors must have an ACT composite score of 19 or above and a sub-score of 19 or above in the desired concurrent subject area.
Career Tech/Vocational Education
Juniors and seniors who are on track for graduation are strongly encouraged to attend an area Career Tech Center program while still attending high school. Some Career Tech Centers also offer programs to sophomores. Students are responsible for contacting their local Center to determine program offerings, application deadlines, and admission requirements; these will vary from one Career Tech Center to another. Information about Oklahoma technology centers can be found at: https://www.okcareertech.org/technology-centers. Tuition is not charged for eligible high school students, but additional supplies may be required.
For more information, please click here.
Contact our school counseling team at 405.259.9478 to learn more!