About our school
At Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy (OVCA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there's an internet connection. But the benefits of online school extend far beyond convenience and can make a big difference for your student.
Benefits of Online Schooling with OVCA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages OVCA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
OVCA at a Glance
Open to full-time, Oklahoma residents in grades K–12
Personalized approach to education
Concurrent enrollment through the TEL program
Career-focused electives at career tech centers statewide
Honors and credit recovery courses
At Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy , we believe kindness is a key part of creating a safe learning environment. Join other students and families across the nation in spreading kindness every day. To learn more about our Be Kind 365 campaign, be sure to follow, like, and subscribe to our social media channels.
The Support You and Your Student Need
Our teachers are committed to helping your family succeed with online learning. They provide instruction and support as your child works through the curriculum. And they keep the lines of communication open through:
You'll also receive textbooks and other hands-on education materials delivered right to your door! These offline materials complement the interactive online elements of the lessons and vary by grade and course.
Get answers to the most common FAQs.
Ready to Join Us?
Get the process started by creating a Parent Portal account or logging in to your existing account.
*Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in Stride Career Prep for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.