Learning Coach Corner
As a Learning Coach, you play a key role in your student's educational experience, and we're here to give you the support and tools you need to succeed. Learning Coaches have access to a variety of resources and programming within the Online School. We encourage you to take advantage of these resources, which are specifically designed to help you and your student make the transition to online learning and thrive within our school community.
Learning Coaches: OVCA FASTeam will be hosting Summer Info Sessions just for Learning Coaches from June 12–July 28. Make sure you check your email for more details!
OVCA is proud to offer Tech Days starting in August! These Face 2 Face events will provide support from our seasoned staff on how to navigate the online school, keep your computer running smoothly, and be successful throughout the school year. Come join us! Dates and times will be sent to your email soon!
Wednesday Workshops offer training to Learning Coaches throughout the school year. A link to join will be in your online school. Please join us every Wednesday!
Top 10 Countdown to be a Successful Learning Coach:
10. Keep your computer healthy—clear cache and cookies regularly.
9. Have a backup plan that includes internet service—If your internet isn't working, where will you go to school?
8. Monitor the learning space—make sure all distractions are put away during school time.
7. Get involved—attend outings and join Learning Coach groups.
6. Create a schedule—structure in a learning environment is key.
5. Check your student's work—make sure work is being completed on time.
4. Get your student to class—set reminders to ensure your student attends live class sessions.
3. Ask questions—make sure you are getting everything you need for your student to be successful.
2. Communicate—it's essential to read and respond to emails from OVCA staff.
1. Be available for your student—make sure you work with your student daily, check for understanding.
Visit us on Facebook! More information coming soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have completed enrollment for my child. How do I access the Online School (OLS)?
First, you'll need to create separate accounts: one for the Learning Coach and one for each enrolled student. Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on how to set up those accounts.
Where can I find information regarding courses and any materials that may be shipped?
Log in to your Online School (OLS) Learning Coach account and in "Quick Links" go to "My Info" to find information about course assignments and materials.
If I need help, who should I ask?
Enrolled families have access to a variety of supports and resources from K12 and our school community.
Contact our school for questions related to:
- Classes and coursework
- School records
- Updating your contact information
- School policies
Contact the K12 Customer Support Team or call 866.512.2273 for questions related to:
- Setting up Learning Coach and student accounts in the Online School (OLS)
- Logging in to and using the OLS
- Technical assistance accessing Class Connect sessions
- Technical assistance with K12 computer requirements